Search

Sunday 17 March 2013

Auto-Off feature for your Circuits:

After long time I'm posting on the blog, since I was busy with my works, I was unable to resist myself from putting this cute feature for our devices :

It's a good Pick: 

auto off circuit built on a piece of perfboardI was just surfing the internet  and I got to know this tiny circuit, which can help our circuits to Sleep or shut down when in Idle mode:

Kyle Wengenroth, Electronics geek, has recently made this device using AVR Tiny85, since the code is not long enough for this project, we can use any of the small micro-controllers with lesser space in ROM, using this concept(PIC may be bulky(DIP) but it is also good).

The basic idea behind the circuit is to use a microcontroller as a timer controlling two transistors. When Kyle‘s circuit is power cycled, the timer inside an AVR starts, making a pin high, and when the timer is up, making the pin low again. This pin feeds into a PNP transistor which is in turn connected to a NPN transistor, creating a very tiny auto off circuit for anything with an SPST switch.

Download the Code,Circuit.

Have a Look : 

No comments: